1 dark chocolate sponge
2 cups whipped cream
1 cup pitted fresh cherries + for garnish
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon lemon juice
Sugar syrup as required
250 grams dark chocolates, shavings removed
1. Heat a non-stick pan, add cherries, sugar and lemon juice and
bring to the gentle simmer and cook for five to ten minutes.
Set aside to cool for at least ten minutes.
2. Trim a thin layer from the top of dark chocolate sponge with a
serrated knife and then cut in to a rectangular shape. Further
cut from the middle to make two layers.
3. Using a pastry brush apply some sugar syrup on the base half
of the cake. Pipe out half cup of whip cream on the edges.
Place cherry compote in the middle.
4. Place the top half of sponge on top press down gently.
5. Brush the top layer with the remaining sugar syrup, and frost
the outside of the cake with most of the remaining whipped
6. Cover the sides and top of the cake with chocolate shavings.
Pipe rosettes with remaining whipped cream and garnish with
7. Chill the cake in a refrigerator. Cut into slices and serve. Video Rating: / 5
In this video, we’ll show you how to bake a super moist loaf of banana bread. The secret here is baking the cake at a low temperature and then immediately transferring the cake to a freezer. Curious? Give it a try! Once out of the freezer, the cake gets a generous coating of cream cheese frosting.