- Used Book in Good Condition
With multitasking and more than a 100 other new features, iPhone 4.0 is a real treat, cooked up with Apple’s traditional secret sauce of simplicity, intelligence, and whimsy. iPhone: The Missing Manual gives you a guided tour of everything the new iPhone has to offer, with lots of tips, tricks, and surprises. Learn how to make calls and play songs by voice control, take great photos, keep track of your schedule, and much more with complete step-by-step instructions and crystal-clear explanations by iPhone master David Pogue.
Whether you have a brand-new iPhone, or want to update an earlier model with the iPhone 4.0 software, this beautiful full-color book is the best, most objective resource available.
- Use it as a phone — learn the basics as well as time-saving tricks and tips for contact searching, texting, and more
- Treat it as an iPod — master the ins and outs of iTunes, and listen to music, upload and view photos, and fill the iPhone with TV shows and movies
- Take the iPhone online — make the most of your online experience to browse the Web, read and compose email, use social networks, or send photos and audio files
- Go beyond the iPhone — learn how to use the App Store, and how to multitask between your apps, organize them in folders, and read ebooks in iBooks
Unlock the full potential of your iPhone — with the book that should have been in the box.
List Price: $ 24.99
Price: $ 4.99
Do you have a fantastic idea for an iPhone app but no idea how to bring it to life? Great news! With the right tools and a little practice, anyone can create an app. This book will get you started, even if you’ve never written a line of computer code.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Anyone Can Create an App begins with the basics by introducing programming concepts, the Swift language, and the tools you’ll need to write iOS apps. As you explore the interesting examples, illuminating illustrations, and crystal-clear step-by-step instructions, you’ll learn to:
- Get started programming, no experience necessary!
- Add controls like text boxes and buttons
- Keep track of your favorite things by creating the Like It or Not (LioN) app
By the end, you’ll be able to create and run your own apps, and you’ll have the confidence to learn more on your own. The book is updated for Swift 3.
About the Reader
This book is written especially for non programmers – no experience needed!
About the Author
Wendy Wise has an extensive background in mobile and application development and has worked with several Fortune 500 companies. In her 17-year technical career, Wendy has served as a senior director of software development, a senior product manager for international mobile applications, and a hands-on developer for web and mobile technologies, among many other technical roles. Wendy fully embraces her nerd/geek side, as you’ll find out as you read this book. In her spare time, she enjoys beer, coffee, photography, camping, and being outdoors.
Table of Contents
PART 1 – YOUR VERY FIRST APP
- Getting started
- Building your first app
- Your first app, explained
- Learning more about your development tools: Xcode
- Capturing users’ actions: adding buttons
- The button app, explained
- Capturing user input: adding text boxes
- Playing on the Playground
PART 2 – THE KEYS TO THE CITY: UNDERSTANDING KEY DEVELOPMENT CONCEPTS
- Go with the flow, man! Controlling the flow of your app
- While you’re doing that…
- Telling stories with storyboards
- ViewControllers in depth
- Put it on my tab: creating tab bars
- Table views: more than a coffee table picture book
- Patterns: learning to sew
PART 3 – CREATING THE LIKE IT OR NOT APP
- Putting it all together: the LioN app
- Adding data to your LioN app
- Displaying details of your LioN
- Creating the details of the detail view
- The AddEditView scene
- Delegates are everywhere
- Editing LioNs
- Saving LioNs
- Making your LioN prettier
- Working with Auto Layout
- Search your LioNs
List Price: $ 29.99
Price: $ 15.99