This thoroughly updated second edition of the best-selling Unofficial LEGO Technic Builder’s Guide is filled with tips for building strong yet elegant machines and mechanisms with the LEGO Technic system. World-renowned builder Pawel “Sariel” Kmiec covers the foundations of LEGO Technic building, from the concepts that underlie simple machines, like gears and linkages, to advanced mechanics, like differentials and steering systems. This edition adds 13 new building instructions and 4 completely new chapters on wheels, the RC system, planetary gearing, and 3D printing.
You’ll get a hands-on introduction to fundamental mechanical concepts like torque, friction, and traction, as well as basic engineering principles like weight distribution, efficiency, and power transmission–all with the help of Technic pieces. You’ll even learn how Sariel builds his amazing tanks, trucks, and cars to scale.
Learn how to:
- Build sturdy connections that can withstand serious stress
- Re-create specialized LEGO pieces, like casings and u-joints, and build custom, complex Schmidt and Oldham couplings
- Create your own differentials, suspensions, transmissions, and steering systems
- Pick the right motor for the job and transform it to suit your needs
- Combine studfull and studless building styles for a stunning look
- Build remote-controlled vehicles, lighting systems, motorized compressors, and pneumatic engines
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book will inspire you with ideas for building amazing machines like tanks with suspended treads, supercars, cranes, bulldozers, and much more. What better way to learn engineering principles than to experience them hands-on with LEGO Technic?
New in this edition: 13 new building instructions, 13 updated chapters, and 4 brand-new chapters!
List Price: $ 34.95
Price: $ 18.81
Find More Technics Products